Wednesday, September 7, 2022

KEVIN DALE DUNCAN ARTWORK FOR *PPFSZT! #50 & THE SCREENING ROOM! #1

Kevin Dale Duncan is a fantastic artist. You may recall that he fashioned a striking illustration for my Whatever! #3 comparison article on The Last Man on Earth and The Omega Man. I now share images he's created for my upcoming contributions to The Screening Room! #1 and *PPFSZT! #50.

The Screening Room! will feature my article on Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World television series. Above is Duncan's vivid compilation of Jennifer O'Dell's gorgeous Veronica Layton, Jerome Ehler's crafty Tribune and the show's memorable, opening-credits T-Rex. Gosh-darn stunning, isn't it?

For the landmark *PPFSZT! issue, my short story, "Fear the Widow" will appear.   

In this instance, Duncan has depicted two vivid scenes: one highlighting its tormented protagonist, Father Miguel (see above), and the other its titular, eight-legged demon (see below).

I'm beyond pleased and flattered that Duncan has captured my yarn's creepiness through his use of exquisite, Twilight Zone-ish black and white, which is also in sync with his moody Last/Omega Man salute. How apt! 

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Mr. Duncan, for supplementing my writing with your astounding artwork. I'm forever grateful. 

(Check Bizarrechats for additional updates on both *PPFSZT! and The Screening Room!)

No comments:

Post a Comment