Friday, September 2, 2022

CARPENTER/PLISSKEN FOR DARK FICTION #5

The next volume in Raffaele Pezzella's Dark Fiction series is a John Carpenter tribute, with contributors currently composing tales based on the legendary filmmaker's movie mythologies. 

My contribution will salute Kurt Russell's Snake Plissken and occur about a year after Escape From New York

Carpenter and Nick (Michael Myers '78) Castle scripted Snake's initial, film adventure, and author Mike McQuay expanded on their concept with his comprehensive novelization. I'm leaning on both sources to fortify my sequel. 

Though I can't reveal the heart of the plot, elements of another Carpenter movie will be interwoven, securing a crossover flavor similar to what I established for my David Cronenberg/Dark Fiction #3 submission.    

More details on Pezzella's Carpenter tribute are to come, so keep (re)visiting Bizarrechats for all the dystopic scoops. 

No comments:

Post a Comment