Friday, July 1, 2022

PUBLICATION (EX)CHANGE: FEAR THE WIDOW

  

Alas, Main Enterprises fell short on submissions for the proposed, Apogee revival, thus putting the magazine on the indefinite backburner. 

However, all is not lost, for my Apogee story, "Fear the Widow", will now appear in *PPFSZT! #50! Hey, that works for me, especially if my yarn is part of the zine's big 5-0; and to strengthen "Widow'"s advent, artist Kevin Duncan will supply a couple illustrations. (One may recall that Duncan bestowed an amazing, crossover illustration for my article on Last Man On Earth/Omega Man for What Ever! #3.)

"Fear the Widow" is a revamp of a story I wrote decades ago for Magical, Literary Elixirs, under the title, "The Tormented". (I also performed this version for the audio anthology, Tales From the Grave.)

"Fear the Widow" is tighter and more menacing than its original incarnation, but like the first, still exudes a Night Gallery/Tales From the Darkside vibe. Also, as one will no doubt infer (I mean, how can one dismiss this post's imagery?), it features a lady arachnid: a supernatural one, at that. 

Revisit Bizarrechats for updates on this prestigious change of plans. (You see, one way or another, things do work out.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment