Friday, July 8, 2022

The Boys: Season 3 Ends, New Fears Begin

I assumed that Victoria Neuman, Senator Head Popper, would have been better exposed as the hypocrite she is (i.e. given more time to flaunt herself as the typical, albeit metaphysical, politician), but The Boys: Season 3 placed her on another of its slow burns. She'll resurface for Season 4, and I've no doubt there will be one. How could there not?

I don't want to reveal all that came down in this latest season for those who've still not indulged. That would be wrong of me, but it sure got down and dirty with a secret within the adversarial bond between Soldier Boy and Homelander, and (for the sake of a wee, significant spoiler) gave Queen Maeve a last-ditch turn at redemption. It doesn't settle all the deceit that's transpired, but at least (and again, here comes another wee, significant scoop) Butcher, Hughie, M.M, Frenchie, Kimiko and Starlight will keep their clandestine crusade going.

All the same, as morbidly fascinating as The Boys is, it does rub against my traditional, superhero strand. Yeah, I respect the artistic twisting of what I hold near to my heart, but man, do I ever require a reprieve from its unstable ugliness. Maybe a dose of Batman '66 or Superman: The Movie will get me into virtuous gear. They've not failed me yet, and I'm confident they never will. Now, that's what I call a nice, reliable feelin'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment