Peacock's Crystal Lake is right around the bend (Oct 15th, to be exact), and I'd like to express some preceding thoughts on its presumed design.
From what I can gather, the eight-part miniseries, which stars Linda (Scooby-Doo) Cardinelli in the role originated by Betsy Palmer, will focus on a mother's mourning of her dear, drowned son. Bitterness and an ultimate misplaced need for revenge will be front and center. I mean, how could it be otherwise? By any other name, this is still Friday the 13th. When it comes to other elements within the revision, well, I'm figuring there will be several tweaks.
For what it's worth, Jason Goes to Hell insinuated that Pamela tinkered with The Necronomicon Ex-Mortis. I've always liked that idea, since it made Jason a specialized Deadite by default, but still, the odds don't favor that such an imaginative, crossover additive will distinguish this origin retelling.
My hunch is we'll get something in sync with Bates Motel, where the furnishings will be faithful to the franchise, but tweaked enough to set it apart.
No matter the outcome, I'm anxious to absorb Crystal Lake, and once I'm through, I'll flesh out my reaction. Stay tuned!






No comments:
Post a Comment