Thursday, October 1, 2026

OF COWARDS, THIEVES & BUMS

My car was stolen several weeks back by a group of reputed repeat offenders. My car was found, thanks to the police, but was left in horrible condition. I had a heap of additional obstacles to face as a result, including matters with my insurance, obtaining a rental and of course, getting my car repaired. It appears that those who did the deed are now roaming free, thanks to NJ's infuriating, Criminal Justice Reform Act. Nice, real nice.

There's no doubt that those who committed the crime possess skills (a certain know-how when it comes to automobile wiring and such), and so it makes me wonder why they wouldn't apply those skills toward something worth while. Why waste it on harmful, go-nowhere mischief? 

This brings to mind a blabbering bum I know who's spent years eschewing a veritable job, whether fulltime or parttime. He claims he's far too fearful of work (i.e. he has some behavioral hindrance that makes working for a living an impossibility). As a way to rationalize his claim, he belittles people like me. For example, he says the only reason I ever gained a job was through pure luck, and I've no right to complain about a hard day at the office, when those of his sorrowful sort live off meager food stamps and blah, blah, blah, wah, wah, wah.

Every job I've held came about through commitment, diligence and perseverance. I've taken jobs scared out of my wits, fearing I'd fail, and it took a tremendous amount of courage for me to walk into a building and prove myself, knowing full well I might fall flat on my face. (I often liken such to overcoming a fear of spiders: seeing such specimens for what they are, in order to understand their purpose and necessity, as opposed to avoiding them.) Despite my tremulation, I always went that extra mile, ascended the ranks, accumulated the necessary expertise, and made my mark. That's not luck. That's courage. That's doing the right thing.

To evade an honest wage is a copout. It's even worse to get paid not to work on the taxpayer's dime. That's plain thievery. Bureaucracy, in that respect--and this also applies to the car thieves and those who've granted them leniency--allows and encourages such behavior. Hell, I know people plagued by genuine, physical impairments, and they're unable to receive government assistance, and yet a pompous ass who flaunts his cowardice gets an unjust, monetary blessing. Those who steal a car get a slap on the wrist and are inspired to steal again. What a bunch of bunk!

There are other such examples that I can offer: higherups in the work place who criticize staff but never learn the essential ropes, or the creampuff at the gym who critiques those who exercise with diligence and focus, while the degrader remains out of shape. If such derisive dimwits would only try to improve themselves instead of diminishing others' success, they might rise up in life, but ah, why pursue the obvious, right?

Such ass-backwards antics drive me crazy, but I'm not inclined to sit back and let them go. Whenever the opportunity arrives, I'm inclined to call out these nimrods. If you know people of this loathsome ilk, you should toss their criticism right back at them, and that also goes for the administrators who allow them to go scot-free. It's only right. Yeah, it may seem a vain effort at the outset, but it's an crucial commencement for the long, righteous stretch. I mean, there's nothing wrong with fighting fire with fire; so why not stoke the tit-for-tat flames by calling a coward a coward, a thief a thief, a bum a bum?🤷 

No comments:

Post a Comment