Sunday, March 12, 2023

DARK FICTION: FROM THE NECRONOMICON

Eighth Tower Publishing's next Dark Fiction anthology will crawl from "the pages of The Necronomicon", according to its cultivated curator, Raffaele Pezzella. 

My contribution to this volume will center on a Cthulhu sketch that links not only to H.P. Lovecraft, but the Macbeth legend, in particular the ersatz king's pressing lady. It's entitled "Spot". (Get it?)

"Spot" is monster-oriented enough to go beyond Cthulhu, with a guest appearance by Yog-Sothoth. I've also invented a unique creature for the tale: a Shakespearean consequence of murder and guilt (with a dab of Lovecraft's "The Tree on the Hill"). I introduced this idea decades ago in a mortifying venture called Chambers of Horrors. I trust my concept's revival will hit the (a-hem) spot, unlike that epic fail. 

Stay tuned for updates on this special, Pezzella curation. It holds such accursed potential!

No comments:

Post a Comment