Monday, July 12, 2021

LUCIO FULCI'S DOORS OF DEATH ANTHOLOGY: GATES OF HELL TALE ACCEPTED

Raffaele Pezzella, the creative mastermind behind Eighth Tower Records/Publishing, has accepted my contribution for his upcoming Lucio Fulci/Dark Fiction anthology. The edition's content will be based on Fulci's Doors of Death trilogy.

My particular story was inspired by the Gates of Hell/City of the Living Dead, where I depict Father Thomas' blasphemous legacy manifesting in a whole new, grisly way. Another woman named Woodhouse participates in the dire events, if only to keep the supernatural lineage gelling. 

Per Pezzella, the anthology won't hit print in November, as hoped. Maybe it'll kick off 2022, I'm thinking. That would be cool. We'll see.

I'm proud to be part of this venture, just as I'm proud to be part of Eighth Tower's the Black Stone: Stories for Lovecraftian Summonings. It would be wonderful if the Lovecraft and Fulci editions inspired further, thematic volumes from the publisher. (That does seem to be Pezzella's ambition. Let's keep our fingers crossed that such reaches fruition.)

No comments:

Post a Comment