Monday, July 5, 2021

Collectible Time: Gates of Hell Specialties

Took my friend, Mel to lunch as thanks for all the swell items she's given me, and lo and behold, she goes and gives me a couple more. 

These are to commemorate the short story I'm constructing for Eighth Tower Publishing's Lucio Fulci Doors of Death anthology. Since my story springs from the Gates of Hell/the City of the Living Dead, the collectibles connect to that particular, gruesome chapter. 

One is a VHS transfer of the movie  (as featured per the above, borrowed inserts), released from Paragon Video. The packaging is in good shape and from its side sticker, sold at Woolworth's (for a whopping $3.88, plus tax). Mel paid much more for it, no doubt. 

The other is a mini (11" x 14") poster (cardboard) reproduction, under the City label. Man, does it ever ooze of Euro Shock appeal.

These Fulci tie-ins are ultra neat and mount my maniacal mindset to finish my tribute draft. 

Thanks yet again, lovely Mel, for touching my macabre heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment