Wednesday, July 1, 2020

ANOTHER LAST OMEGA MAN TEASE (FOR WHAT EVER! #3)


I can't help myself. Jim Main has shared another image for What Ever! #3, and now I must share on "bizarrechats". 

It's a Marc Haines tribute to "The Omega Man", which will accompany my comparative article, "The Last Omega Men".


Haines does an outstanding job recreating the faces of Charlton Heston, Rosalind Cash, Anthony Zerbe and Lincoln Kilpatrick (each surrounded by fiery trimming) in what could be taken as an alternate, theatrical poster for the 1971, horror/science-fiction release, based on Richard Matheson's acclaimed novel, "I Am Legend".  

Haines' striking image, along Kevin Duncan's superb "Omega Man"/"Last Man on Earth" crossover illustration (see June post), has me most excited for What Ever! #3's big, post-apocalyptic premiere. 

It's coming soon, Main claims, and when it hits, it's certain to be a real doomsday stunner. (Keep checking "bizarrechats" for updates.)

No comments:

Post a Comment