Thursday, July 16, 2020

MARK JUSTICE'S THE DEAD SHERIFF #4: CHARACTER ENTICERS


I figured it as good a time as any to offer new tidbits on my in-the-pipeline novel, "Mark Justice's The Dead Sheriff, Vol 4: Purity". (The above image, incidentally, is a Boris Vallejo work entitled, "Gunslinger: Black Powder", but as an unofficial cap to this post, I believe it kicks things off well enough.) Anyway, this time I've decided to focus on a couple of "Purity'"s supporting characters to give "bizarrechats" readers a further glimpse into my contribution to Mark Justice's saga. 


As should come as no surprise to those who know me, these characters are horror based. 


There's Cindy Brown, who's inspired by the little girl from the giant-ant classic, "Them!" (Remember the movie's eerie opening?) The distinction here is that my lass figures into the plot's longer haul and severs her stupor to express extraordinary insight. 


My story also features Pastor Wakefield, inspired by "Poltergeist II'"s Reverend Kane, but my version isn't a sadistic, spectral fiend. Wakefield is a virtuous gent, even if a darn gaunt one. 


Granted, the above info doesn't offer a lot of insight, but all the same, I trust the perfunctory culmination is of value. 

Keep visiting "bizarrechats" for more "Purity" revelations. I do promise, the more I post, the greater my weird-western mosaic will become.  

No comments:

Post a Comment