Friday, May 10, 2024

Collectible Time: Kingdom/Conquest of the Planet of the Apes, Cloxks Tin Posters

My wife has sent me high, where the eagles dare fly, or at least where the simians dare train them. For one, Donna surprised me with an 8" x 10" tin sign, poster reproduction of Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, by Cloxks.  

The sign, as one can see, shows Owen Teague's silhouetted Noa on horseback as an eagle descends. The backdrop is rugged, dystopic and therefore in tune with not only Kingdom, but the Apes saga  in general. 

But that's not all! As a powerful, Cloxks, companion piece, Donna gave me an 8" x 10" tin poster of the franchise's most revolutionary: Conquest of the Planet of the Apes.

Roddy McDowall's Caesar-fied profile is prominent in this thunderous, 1972 depiction, as the fabled son of Cornelius accompanies his disciples in glorious, civil disobedience. 

(Each tin is fringed by a ragged, brown border that accentuates the asborbing artwork.) 

I've loved Planet of the Apes since I was a wee lad, and my love for the saga continues to grow. Such stylish gifts as these comprise a huge part of the reason why. (Thank you, dear Donna!)

No comments:

Post a Comment