Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Collectible Time: Diamond Select 9" Goblin Queen/Madelyne Pryor Marvel Gallery Figure

I'm continuing my Diamond Select/Marvel Gallery kick by adding another female figure to my collection, Mutant X's Madelyne Pryor as the Goblin Queen. 

Man, oh man, is Cyclops' ex ever a sweetie ... well, sort of, for all the seductive, Jean Grey-imprinted beauty she bestows, designed in this instance by Uriel Caton, sculpted by Sam Greenwell, and standing at an impressive 9". Wow!

To empower her sinister allure, our green-eyed Goblin Queen is depicted in a tight-fitting outfit (sporting a wee, circle-cut cape), with a fair sum of skin exposed, her scarlet hair flowing to enchant. 

The base is equally inviting, flaunting a growling goblin on a foundation fixed of stone, skulls and translucent smoke. How Aurora-esque! (As an aesthetic bonus, the display-case packaging flatters the entire piece with a pleasing, three-color scheme.) 

Ah, I'm in love, or maybe it's more a matter of lust. Either way, this is quite a striking statue. If I had only known the gamut of its glory, I'd have surely procured it sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment