Thursday, August 25, 2022

STICK IT IN YOUR EAR, SVENGOOLIE GROUP FANS

Perhaps I shouldn't care, but when I'm ostracized for no damn good (or clear-cut) reason, I feel compelled to protest. 

I was a loyal follower and commenter of Svengoolie Group Fans, a fruitful Facebook source that celebrated not only the enduring horror host, but his admirers. These folks would often share personal reflections on birthdays, anniversaries and pets, in addition to those great movies that Sven shows.

I discovered, more by accident than plan, that I was suspended from the group. From what I can gather, I'm not the only one to get the ax as of late. The thing is, I (for one) was given no explanation for the suspension. When I asked the administrators to see a comment or image that I may have posted which caused the rift, I received no reply, no reason. Trust me, if ever I commented on a post, it was with heartfelt appreciation and consideration; and I certainly didn't post any images. So what's the damn deal? 

Maybe (and probably) the problem is more glitch-based than anything else, but if so, I'm owed that explanation. I'm owed such for the time and effort I invested into the group. Was I ostracized because of my socio-political views on Bizarrechats? Was it my (gasp!) pin-up pics? Maybe, but again, a lack of courtesy and courage have prevented any such insight coming forth.

Shame on the administrators of Svengoolie Group Fans for pulling such a craven stunt. You've disgraced not only your group and followers with your ambiguous act, but Rich Koz, the man behind the make-up. Mr. Koz deserves better than that. I deserve better than that. Your existing members deserve better than that. If you can't run a group with efficiency, transparency and respect, don't run it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment