Monday, August 8, 2022

FAREWELL, OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN...

Your voice enchanted me when I first heard you sing, and I can't tell you how many times my brother and I played your hit, 45-single, "Please Mr. Please": a sweet sad one if ever there was.

Xanadu was your big, fantasy contribution, with Grease your catchy-tune, blockbuster triumph. A Mom for Christmas and A Christmas Romance couldn't help but warm our hearts; and you kept charming right to the very end with the endearing Very Excellent Mister Dundee and the fun-as-heck Sharknado 5

You struck me as an Earth angel, Ms. Newton-John, so gosh-darn pretty that I couldn't help but pin you on my wall; and now, in Paradise you'll join your winged sisters in a chorus of heavenly song. Thank you for your magic, talent and most of all, a perpetual courage that taught us to never stop fighting the good fight. 

1 comment: