As reported earlier this month, an upcoming volume of Eighth Tower's Dark Fiction series will feature stories inspired by David Cronenberg's Videodrome.
My contribution is called "Anomaly Drone." (Per Eighth Tower's mastermind, Raffaele Pezzella, Martin Loomis is editing the fable at this pivotal point.) I can't reveal too much on the tale's content (as is the tradition with the early phases of any Dark Fiction project), but I can say that it deals with parallel realities (adjacent to what one finds in the movie) and uses a hand-like formation as one of its catalysts.
As fans of Videodrome will recall, the hand motif prevails throughout the plot, though in the case of my tale, the angle is a trifle different. In fact, I've tapped several, macabre sources to make my anomaly's frightful fingers snap (ahem).
This post features imagery from those influences. Indeed, the common thread is evident, would you not agree?
Further details on this bold, new, Dark Fiction anthology will be forthcoming. Stay tuned✌
No comments:
Post a Comment