Tuesday, September 22, 2026

THE LEGEND OF LIZZIE BORDEN (1975)

With Netflix's Monster: The Lizzie Borden Story catching mass attention, I thought I'd share a link to the 1975, television movie starring Elizabeth Montgomery in the titular role. 

Though The Legend of Lizzie Borden, directed by Paul Wendkos and written by William Bast, relied on fictional bridges, it's closer to the actual circumstances than featured in the over-the-top, Monster presentation. Bast's script does, in fact, adhere to court transcripts to tell the tale.

When this one was to air when I was a lad, it was promoted as unsuitable for children. (I watched all the same, and my parents had no objections.) Compared to the ultra-gruesome, Netflix series, it's may appear tame, but in its underlying thrust, it still possesses a vicious, true-crime strand. If you're inclined to watch, but are the squeamish sort, do pay heed!🪓

No comments:

Post a Comment