Tuesday, October 3, 2023

*PPFSZT! #52: GREEK MYTHOLOGY CELEBRATION

Main Enterprises' *PPFSZT! #52 will spotlight Greek mythology. 

My assignment: Medusa!  But where to begin for such a fictional extension? There are so many varied aspects to The Gorgon legend, including Joshua Kennedy's recent, Hammer homages; plus it's darn hard to shake Clash of the Titans' ubiquitous influence, no matter the original or remake and subsequent sequel. 

I decided to reference as much mythological tidbits as possible for the story and then expand on it from there. (To be honest, the process is rather like constructing a Tarzan sequel, daring to graze, but never mention, all of the ape man's [re]interpreted origins.) 

Despite the challenge, I'm moving along, having fun outlining my concept. 

As with all my projects, additional details will appear in ensuing, Bizarrechats posts. Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment