Sunday, October 1, 2023

Collectible Time: Diamond Select/Marvel Gallery, Wall-Poised/Unmasked Spider-Gwen Stacy Statue

Last month, I posted on Diamond Select/Marvel Gallery's Spider-Gwen Stacey Hand-standing, PVC statue, which my friend, Mel, purchased: one for me, one for her. I decided to reciprocate by purchasing a companion item: one for me, one for her. Hey, that's how generosity (and fellowship) rolls.

The Unmasked, Wall-Poised Spider-Gwen Stacey (in this instance, a San Diego Comic-Con exclusive) is 9" tall, with (as one can discern from the "stolen" but sharp inserts) a color scheme that's accurate and pleasing. For the record, Masked Gwen was sculpted by Jean St. Jean, who did an amazing job capturing the character's agile essence. 

The building backdrop is detailed and varied (even featuring creeping foliage in spots, and I dare say, what appears to be a Norman Osborn relief on the left side), but doesn't steal from the prime figure. (The dynamic reminds me of something Aurora would have rendered back in the day). However, it's the face (that avid expression) that grabs me most, which perfectly projects Gwen Stacey's contagious charm and determination. 

The only "drawback" is that the extended arm needs attachment, which to say the least, is a trifle tricky, but beyond that, this one's a mega-winner.

I'll treasure this Spider-Gwen collectible for many a year, and I've total faith that huge-hearted Mel will do the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment