Saturday, May 6, 2023

Collectible Time: Marvel 12" Adam Warlock/Will Poulter Titan Action Figure

I realize (and understand why) some folks aren't keen on Will Poulter's portrayal of Adam Warlock in Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol 3, not so much because of Poulter's acting abilities (he's a top-notch thespian), but more so for writer/director James Gunn's making the Marvel icon comedic. 

I like the portrayal, though, and it has much to do with Poulter's air of childlike menace and Warlock's entertaining, character arc. On this basis, when I spotted a 12" Titan figure of the Guardians 3 version of Warlock at Macy's, I had to possess it.  

As one can tell from the stock inserts, this posable piece captures Poulter's facial structure (particularly in mean mode). The body sculpt (costume dynamic) is as impressive, accentuated by its golden, red-trimmed coloring. However, I was a bit bummed that it comes cape-less, contrary to what the colorful packaging implies.  

Despite that omission, the Titan Poulter/Warlock figure is a cool, Guardians 3 tie-in, and I'm more than pleased to own it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment