Monday, February 22, 2021

RIP, MARTHA (RUTH) STEWART

In a Lonely Place made me your biggest fan, and from there, I couldn't help but seek more of your work. 

As such, I was ecstatic to find The Joker is Wild; Doll Face; Convicted; I Wonder Who's Kissing Her Now; Aaron Slick from Punkin Crick; Are You With it?; Daisy KenyonJohnny Comes Flying Home; and Surf Party, as well as your swell guest spots on the Red Skelton Show and the Alfred Hitchcock Hour.

You were also a marvelous singer (having teamed with Perry Como, no less) and a pin-up of unsung virtue: a sweet, sassy siren who held her own with the best of them. I'll miss you, Ms. Stewart, but whenever I feel a chill in my heart, your memory will no doubt be quick to warm it. 

2 comments:

  1. I really felt for Stewart's character in IN A LONELY PLACE.

    The movie just so happens to be my favorite Bogart effort. Though I probably shouldn't admit it due to the character's fiery temperament, I am Dixon Steele. Bogie played me brilliantly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvPXZoECvfs

    ReplyDelete