Sunday, February 14, 2021

Collectible Time: Mego Christopher Lee Dracula

Those new, 8" Mego (Marty Abrams) monster figures sure are swell. An outstanding case in point is the company's "limited edition" Christopher Lee Dracula, which my wife, Donna, surprised me with on Valentine's Day.

The Hammer tribute is a striking (or make that, biting) one, particularly in the facial department, where Lee is depicted with mouth open and fangs exposed. One can practically hear his thirsty hiss.

The figure holds 14 points of articulation, with an apt, cloth outfit in sync with Lee's iconic (re)interpretation. (I'll likely keep my figure mint-in-packaging, but have included stock photos of the piece unleashed, if only to demonstrate its poseable range.)

I love all things Hammer, in particular Lee's Count. I wish this figure had existed when I was a wee lad, but better late than never that I possess it, thanks to Donna's thoughtfulness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment