Thursday, February 1, 2024

Collectible Time: Diamond Select/Marvel Gallery (Gentle Giant) Doctor Strange/Benedict Cumberbatch

Donna gave me an early Valentine's gift, which complements the Laura & Logan Wolverine figures that Mel gave me for my birthday and Christmas (see Dec '23 & Jan '24 posts). It's a Benedict Cumberbatch Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Diamond Select/Marvel Gallery/Gentle Giant, 10" PVC statue.

The resemblance to Cumberbatch is startling, as is the detail on Strange's costume, which includes his mind-of-its-own, levitation cape. (If only I knew the precise sculptor who rendered the exquisite details, because he/she deserves high praise.) 

The statue's translucent-orange portal-arch and smoky base not only invoke Multiverse of Madness, but any number of Strange's surreal sojourns, whether on film or the comic page. 

This wondrous submission, as with all Marvel Gallery selections, comes in a stylish box, which acts as a viable display case if one chooses to keep the Sorcerer Supreme MIB.

What a sensational, satisfying diorama! I thank my sweet wife for purchasing it for me, thus making it part of our home. It's certain to bestow us years of metaphysical enchantment!💖

No comments:

Post a Comment