Sunday, February 27, 2022

R.I.P. VERONICA CARLSON...

You enchanted me to the libidinous core when I first saw you in the chilling Dracula Has Risen from the Grave

Thereafter, I became further enthralled with your beauty in the eerie duo, Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed and Horror of Frankenstein.

But it wasn't just in these Hammer classics that you rose to the beguiling occasion. There's also Joshua Kennedy's Hammer homage, House of the Gorgon; The Ghoul '75 (aka Night of the Ghoul/The Thing in the Attic; directed by Hammer's Freddie Francis); Vampira (aka Old Dracula); Night of the Devil; Hammerhead; Crossplot; Pussycat, Pussycat, I Love You; Smashing Time; The Best House in London;  Stellar Quasar and the Scrolls of Dadelia; and your recurring role as the wily Wallis Ackroyd on The Spyder's Web

In addition to your movie career, your presence in the modeling field is second to none, making you one of the greatest pin-ups ever to grace Britain and abroad. To boot, you were also an exceptional artist, whose renderings of Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing became every fan's delight. 

You were an amiable lady and a charmer supreme, Ms. Carlson. My only regret is never having met you, and for that there will always be a woeful hole in my heart. 

3 comments: