Saturday, January 1, 2022

Collectible Time: Wolverine Wall Decor

My friend, Mel says she detects a trace of the Wolverine in me. I'll take that as a compliment.

For Christmas, she solidified this notion by gifting me three images of the mighty mutant, Logan: two paper-based and the other, emblazoned on tin.  


The first is a "weather worn"  24" x  36" reproduction of Wolverine #1, as rendered by acclaimed artist, Joe Rubinstein. Logan's sneer is contagious, as his finger lures one in. Does one dare come near? Perhaps not, if one harbors villainous intent.

Next up is a 27" x 40" promotional poster for 2013's second, Logan solo submission, The Wolverine. The image is inky, moody and triumphant for all of its simplicity. I've long fancied this particular image, which says so much per so little. Pure genius.

Then there's an  8" x 12" tin sign, retro and classic in its regal design, not to mention damn sturdy. Wolverine's leaping/soaring pose is embellished by his angled claws, set for an unapologetic, if not bloodthirsty brawl. 

Mel, you've hit the ideal mark yet again. Gazing upon this fearsome threesome does, indeed, bring out the Wolverine in me: a trait I'm quite proud to flaunt, all thanks to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment