Monday, June 7, 2021

Collectible Time: De Palma's Sisters Poster/Lobby Card

I hadn't heard from Mel for a spell, but just as I was pondering her whereabouts, she surprises me with a new gift set, culled from one of my favorite slasher flicks, Brian De Palma's Sisters

This '72 classic (released as Blood Sisters in the U.K.) is one of the few films ever to unhinge me, and it's all due to its notorious murder scene. (I won't reveal its details, in case one hasn't seen the picture, but the referenced moment is right up there with Psycho's shower scene, Dementia 13's nocturnal swim, Homicidal's scissors stab and Alien's fabled chestburster.)        

The first in Mel's set is an original, 27" x 41" poster (seen above), featuring a colorized insert of Margot Kidder in her Siamese-twin portrayals of Danielle Breton and Dominique Blanchion. 

The second is an original, 11" x 14" lobby-card, with the conjoined Kidders in variant poses and a prominent William Finley in an "over the top" moment.

I will forever cherish this psychotic, collectible pair and once again owe sweet Mel tremendous thanks for thinking of me. Bless ya, Mel! We'll do lunch soon (my treat). 

No comments:

Post a Comment