Monday, September 21, 2020

RIP RON COBB...


In the pages of Starlog, Future Life and Omni, you were a recognizable and esteemed figure, who delivered fantastic artwork that inspired generations of fans and the films they so loved. 

Among your impressive credits: "Dark Star"; "Alien"; "Blade Runner"; "Star Wars"; "Close Encounters of the Third Kind"; "E.T., the Extra-terrestrial"; "Back to the Future"; "The Last Starfighter"; "Jodorowsky's Dune"; "Robot Jox"; "Leviathan"; "True Lies"; "The Sixth Day"; "Conan the Barbarian"; and as an envious warm-up to 'em all, Disney's "Sleeping Beauty". 

Because of your breathtaking work, I escaped my teenage doldrums by aspiring to become a more creative and productive person. For that, I can't thank you enough, but I'm not alone in my sentiment. Millions of others feel the same way, and if that's not a sign of a man's greatness, Mr. Cobb, what is?

No comments:

Post a Comment