Thursday, September 10, 2020

GODSPEED, DAME DIANA RIGG...

As Mrs. Emma Peel, you became my first, major crush: a beautiful, resourceful lady who fought the bad guys alongside Patrick Macnee's gallant John Steed on television's "The Avengers".

From that point on, I adored you in every single thing I could catch you in: "On Her Majesty's Secret Service"; "The Assassination Bureau"; "The Hospital"; "Evil Under the Sun"; "A Little Night Music"; "A Good Man in Africa"; "The Great Muppet Caper"; "Parting Shots"; "Heidi '05"; "A Midsommer's Night Dream '68"; "Julius Caesar '70"; "Snow White '87"; "The Painted Veil"; "The Worst Witch"; "Theatre of Blood"; "Game of Thrones"; and your short-lived, but ever-so-sweet sitcom, "Diana". 

You were a class act, a goddess, a crusader...a thespian of the highest, regal order. Your passing pains me deeply, but I am so very grateful for the way you enriched and elevated my life. 

May you now soar with the angels in Paradise, knowing that the world appreciates every ounce of talent and charm you bestowed upon it. God bless you, Ms. Diana Rigg--and of course, your iconic facade, Mrs. Emma Peel. 

1 comment: