Saturday, August 1, 2020

SO LONG, BOB MARTIN...


You were the Forry Ackerman of your time, Mr. Martin: a man who put the fantastic Fangoria on the map. 


Because of your impact, I was beside myself with joy when I met you at my first Fango convention all those decades back. I still have the copy of "Brain Damage" that you autographed: a fine piece of novelization if ever there was and one that left an indelible impression on me. (In addition, the scripts you co-wrote with Frank Henenlotter for "Basket Case 3" and "Frankenhooker" are nothing short of classic.)


You helped forge a future of horror that still stands. The dark seeds you planted, therefore, are most appreciated, Uncle Bob. May the very best yet come your way, no matter what netherworld you roam. Beyond a doubt, your quippy genius will cultivate every blood-splattered acre.

No comments:

Post a Comment