Tuesday, July 11, 2023

MAIN ENTERPRISES' MAKE MINE MONSTERS: GARGANTUAS, FRANKENSTEIN STYLE

Jim Main has requested that I contribute an article to his revived title, Make Mine Monsters. The issue will include a number of creature features, but kaiju/kaijin will be in the forefront. 

My essay will cover War of the Gargantuas. To do the topic justice, I must include Frankenstein Conquers the World. If I'm to reference that one, I'll need to go back even farther: that means King Kong vs Godzilla and therefore, Willis O'Brien's proposed King Kong vs Frankenstein.  

It's interesting that the seeds of O'Brien's vision may sprout yet again, if rumors regarding Godzilla x Kong: The New Kingdom are true. One can only speculate, of course, and in all sincerity, I can only speculate on some of the influencing factors that shaped War of the Gargantuas. Nevertheless, I believe my angle is sound, and I'm anxious to share the fruits of my gargantuan labor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment