Sunday, January 6, 2019

THE PERSONA, VOL 2: WARM-UP MATERIAL FROM KEVIN BRODEN

I can't share Kevin Paul Shaw Broden's intended-for-print illustrations for "The Persona, Vol 2", but here's a swell warm-up of one of its characters:


These test-run images represent Mister Good, a significant costar in my Airship 27 Productions sequel. Does Good live up to his name? Sorry, but I can't share that tidbit, either, but I'm amazed how Broden captured the character's precise presence. (To my eyes, the rendering has a Malcolm McDowell aura about it. Yeah, McDowell would be well cast as Good.)


In addition to having finished a Disney-esque "green-fleshed fiend" scene, Broden has illustrated the novel's fantastic club sequence, with detail that's nothing short of hypnotic. The dear man possesses immense patience to have pulled it off; I know I'd have been a nervous wreck trying to tackle it. (Also, Broden's tests for the story's vixen, Melody Montorto are beyond enchanting. Hot-cha-cha...)


More updates are to come, and remember "Persona Vol 1" is available through Amazon (in paperback and audio form), for those who wish to catch up:

https://www.amazon.com/Persona-Enter-1/dp/0997786817

No comments:

Post a Comment