Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Doctor Who? Angus Imrie--that's Who!!!


Word has it that Jodie Whittaker is jumping ship...er, TARDIS, that is...as our latest Time Lord, and if so, what direction (if any) should "Doctor Who" go?



I propose this: Go the young-lad route. And what thespian would hit the mark? Why, Angus Imrie, of course.

Imrie left a fine impression as Merlin in "The Kid Who Would be King", layering quirkiness and brilliance into the slender magician. With only minor tweaking, the Doctor would be reborn, and considering the series' alarming ratings dive, all for the better.


Yeah, I know, Imrie
 is a guy, and some will, therefore, presume my wish is based on some chauvinistic whim, but it's not. I merely think the young chap would better fit the franchise's required flair--regenerate it, that is. (Then again, I believe Patrick Stewart, "The Kid'"s other Merlin, would make a swell Doctor, too; so would Tom Mison, whose Ichabod Crane held loads of Doctor-ish charm. And know what? I wouldn't object to Jaime Murray for the coveted spot, but oh, that's right, she can't help but flaunt her beauty, and heaven forbid we stick glaring glamour within the reverse-discrimination craze.)


Anyway, Imrie possesses obvious potential to draw and maintain a younger viewership. I don't believe older, faithful fans would object to him, either, as long as his adventures were well rounded, unlike what we've witnessed during Whittaker's phase. 

Ah, who am I kiddin'? No one's gonna listen to me... Still, I'm tossing my two cents out there, if only in that minuscule chance my suggestion could catch wind...

1 comment:

  1. A bit of connected trivia: Angus' mom, Celia is the villainess in the "Doctor Who" episode, "The Bells of Saint John".

    ReplyDelete