Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Collectible Time #44: Justin Mabry/Trick or Treat Studios' Classic King Kong Mask


Since I was a kid, I've had a thing for monster masks (plastic, rubber or vinyl). In fact, my super-deluxe '77 Don Post Tor Johnson mask remains one of my most cherished collectibles.

Unfortunately, in recent years, my finds have been slim, but at long last a real dandy has entered my hands...a mighty, marvelous representation of the classic '33 KING KONG!!!

The latex representation is a new entry from Trick or Treat Studios and was sculpted by Justin Mabry, one of the top mask-makers in the world, who studied a slew of Marcel Delgado/Willis O'Brien Kong photos to achieve the astonishing results you see here. Gosh, doesn't the open-mouthed, eye-popping expression overflow with ferocity?


This wearable collectible is a must-have for any fan of the groundbreaking Kong: an Eighth Wonder, indeed, among monster masks if ever there was one!!! Get yours while the opportunity is still at hand this Halloween season!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment