Tuesday, August 1, 2023

WICCA'S APPLES: MOVIE REFERENCES

My witchcraft-movie references for "Wicca's Apples," a short story to be featured in Dark Fiction's forthcoming "American Witchcraft" anthology, should be obvious (or will be soon enough). Nonetheless, they include Dark Shadows, Jack's Wife, The Illustrated ManSomething Weird, The Wizard of Oz; H.R. PufnstuffBewitched and (of course) Ansel Faraj's Loon Lake.

There's also a horror buff in my tale, who references other chilling, cinematic tales. 

There's Psycho II, Mako: Jaws of Death, Horror High, The Pope's Exorcist and Halloween (or at least the general, Strode/Myers conflict as it's progressed over the years; and yes, in case you're wondering, I do mention the witchy Halloween III; how could I not?). 

These entries are all American-made (with one evident semi-exception), which fit the curation's intended scheme. Oh, I also mention several productions starring Connie Sellecca, including The Greatest American Hero. The actress and that particular series figure greatly into my fable, which may seem odd, but trust me, it works (I think ... I hope).   

At any rate, the whole kit and caboodle will reach fruition in the near future; but in the anxious interim, keep revisiting Bizarrechats to absorb (and relish) any and all scoops.😄

No comments:

Post a Comment