Saturday, October 2, 2021

Collectible Time: Beneath the Planet of the Apes & Rocketship X-M Poster Reproductions

 

Magnificent Mel has gifted me another eccentric delight: a 11" x 17" reproduction of a primary Beneath the Planet of the Apes poster.  

Not only is James Franciscus, Charlton Heston and Linda Harrison featured, but (in larger formats) James Gregory and Natalie Trundy.

I adore the Apes franchise. Beneath is an acclaimed follow-up for good reason, and anything associated with it (and the ongoing series in general) stays close to my dystopian heart. 


For a swell, science-fiction supplement, Mel also surprised me with a 11" x 17" Rocketship X-M reproduction poster: a print that I had years ago, but alas, it ended up damaged. 

As with Beneath, Rocketship X-M is another of my favorites and its promotional graphics feature headliners Lloyd Bridges, Hugh O'Brien, John Emery, Osa Massen and Noah Berry Jr. Yeah, talk about star power, and well before a number of them were even higher-echelon celebrities. 

Rocketship X-M is more of a Mars expedition flick than a moon-landing one, thus distinguishing it from the movie that rushed it into production, Destination Moon. (In my estimation, both movies are pretty darn cool.) 

I thank Mel for bringing out the starry-eyed kid in me once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment