Monday, December 13, 2021

Collectible Time: Neca 8" Karloff Frankenstein, Michael Myers Halloween T-Shirt & Slasher Candy Tins

My pal, Brett Turner, came through again with a set of exemplary, Christmas gifts of a macabre nature. 

One is the posable, 8" Neca/Boris Karloff Frankenstein Monster action figure (colorized edition), which is housed in a dandy collector's box, adorned by one of the movie's most prominent posters. The figure is accompanied by alternate heads and hands, flowers (to lure those unsuspecting, little girls) and a cuffed chain that of course, may look spiffy on our confounded, green giant, but sure as heck won't keep him restrained. 

As my readers know, I love Karloff and James Whales' classic movie adaptation of Mary Shelley's literary masterpiece. This particular piece is, therefore, one to cherish.

In addition to the Neca Frankenstein Monster, Brett surprised me with a vibrant (and by all accounts, sold out) Michael Myers/Halloween T-shirt, its imagery rendered by artist Jason Edmiston, and home-fashioned for wear by an anonymous member of Brett's family, no less. How's that for a surreptitious treat?!

I don novelty T-shirts often, and I can't wait to stalk about (ha, ha) in this one. It's actually the first Halloween T-shirt to bless my wardrobe, which makes it extra appreciated, and the Edmiston painting is menacing to the closet-clawing max. 

To accompany the t-shirt's tenacious aura, Brett tossed in a trio of 2" x 3", facial-slasher candy-tins, one representing Myers, along with Jason Voorhees and Chucky, aka Charles Lee Ray. I had no idea that such sweet novelties were being produced. How chillingly clever!

On the whole, Brett's package proved a stupendous one. I thank him from the dark pit of my sordid soul for his sinister, good taste. My horror collection is all the greater because of his gruesome generosity!

No comments:

Post a Comment