Tuesday, September 1, 2020

A MUMMY MOVIE'S INFLUENCE


It's been a stretch since I've posted on "Golem Clay", my story slated for "The Purple Scar, Vol 4", but since there's renewed buzz on the anthology (thanks to Airship 27's July podcast), I've decided to elaborate on one of its supporting components. 


The story's prime inspiration stems from Hebrew/golem mythology,  of course, but there's a Lon Chaney Jr, Kharis flick, "The Mummy's Curse" (my all-time, favorite mummy movie, I'll have you know) which also swathed (tee-hee) my idea. 


It all comes down to pretty Princess Ananka (played by Virginia Christine: Mrs. Olsen from those famous Folgers commercials) who surfaces from the swamp in a vital scene, caked in mud and cranking upward in a way that appears stop-motion-like (though it all emanates from Christine's adroit acting.)


In the case of "Golem Clay", I feature my own odd female: not a mummy, but a clay creature inspired by this precise segment. (I made matters a wee more sensual for my lady's insertion, but that creepy-clay semblance still dominates.)


Whether this element works to my tale's benefit will be for readers to decide, but I do hope it gives them the same intense reaction that Christine's revived Ananka has always given me. 


Hope you enjoyed this tidbit, and when it comes to "Purple Scar, Vol 4'"s progression, I promise to keep all "bizarrechats" followers in the monsterized loop. Till later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment