Sunday, February 9, 2020

Collectible Time: Texas Chainsaw Massacre/Leatherface Lobby Cards


Right on the heels of my landing some nifty Mad Max paper collectibles (see Jan '20 post), my sultry gal pal, Melody gifted me a lobby-card set based on another favorite: Tobe Hooper's "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre".


She purchased these vivid Gunnar Hansen/Leatherface tributes at a Pennsylvania flea market, no less. They appear to be reproductions, but dandy in detail all the same.

Two are German based (see above and below) and measure 11" x 14". 


The other is a 10" x 11", U.S. image and oh-so-chilling for its homegrown grittiness. (It's also a tad nettling to see the notorious Bryanston distribution label. Those who know the history will understand why.)


These graphic gifts fill a dark spot in my gory heart. (It's sure nice to have such a sweet, on-the-lookout compatriot who knows my macabre interests way too well.  XOXO, dear Melody!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment