Wednesday, September 25, 2019

FAREWELL, JIMMY NELSON...


You were one of the greats who inspired me to become a ventriloquist, and when I fell short of that goal, you at least gave me a lifelong fondness for puppetry. 


My childhood was all the more special because Danny O'Day was by tag-along friend. I also enjoyed watching Danny's pals, Humphrey Higsby and fluffy Farfel to no end. 


It took a sharp wit and stiff mouth to pull off what you did, Mr. Nelson, and the joy you offered hit the max, along with plenty of merry memories and even a stretch with the leggy Rockettes.


May you continue to perform with your precious personas upon the cosmic clouds and among the twinkling stars. I, for one, will be looking up to catch your next act: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAqbC9S6U7w.

No comments:

Post a Comment