Sunday, March 11, 2018

RAVENWOOD, STEPSON OF MYSTERY: AN UPCOMING TALE FROM YOURS TRULY!!!

During the time Ron Fortier was completing his initial read of my "Persona, Vol 2" draft, he suggested that I might take a stab at a "Ravenwood, Stepson of Mystery" adventure.


I agreed to the task, but had to familiarize myself first with Frederick C. Davis' 1930s occult detective: not only absorbing the original, five stories (supplements of "Secret Agent X" magazine), but those adventures written thereafter by Airship 27's assigned authors. 


(Incidentally, Ravenwood, who never goes by a first name, has psychic abilities, but is otherwise like Carl Kolchak, Fox Mulder and Dana Scully in the way he investigates his peculiar cases.)


I sure had a blast delving into the Ravenwood tales (whether in printed form or via Radio Archives' audio books) and in the process, conceived a yarn entitled, "Kincaid's House of Altered Cats". 

I can't reveal the story's content yet, and it'll be a spell before it hits print (Ron must first assign an artist to illustrate the next edition), but as of Vol 4, I'll be an official part of Ravenwood's legacy! Hot damn!

As with "Persona, Vol 2", I'll keep you posted on developments. To say the least, I'm quite excited and proud to be part of this imaginative franchise!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment