Thursday, March 1, 2018

Collectible Time: Hasbro Slash and Strike Black Panther 13" Talking Action Figure and T'Challa Pop!

For Valentine's Day, my wife surprised me with a couple, cool "Black Panther" tie-ins, the first being Hasbro's 13" Slash and Strike T'Challa Talking, Action Figure!!!


In detail, this one is right on the mark. What makes this Chadwick Boseman tribute all the more special is its sound activation. One only need press the chest panel and T'Challa unleashes over twenty phrases/sound effects, including "For Wakanda!" and "I am the Black Panther!" For added effect, the figure elicits a shimmering, blue glow through the eyes and about the costume design.


The figure is marketed, above all, for it "slashing strike" effect, which can be triggered by an arm-release.

This is a lovely, sturdy piece and at present, one of the best and most affordable available (going for about $30 at most retailers): that is, if one can find one. "Black Panther'"s immense popularity is making this entry pretty darn hard to locate.


To add to my Wakandan enchantment, my wife also gave me a T'Challa Pop! figure. The likeness to Boseman, albeit in caricature form, exudes an apt, regal feel. (This one goes nicely with my Doc Strange and Baby Groot Marvel Pops!, which I reviewed in January.)


What an exciting, team-up tribute and a fine, adventurous way, indeed, to have commemorated the amorous holiday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment