Sunday, August 23, 2015

MICHAEL F. HOUSEL'S CHAMBERS OF HORRORS (A FANZINE BLAST FROM THE PAST)

Here's a long-lost image I found by chance on eBay: one of my old booklets, described in the listing as Michael F. Housel's Chambers of Horrors!!! (I'm deeply flattered by the attribution, I must say.)


The damn endeavor never made it beyond the initial issue, but man, is that Steve Goodrich "They Live" cover still eye-catching!!! (Steve also fashioned that creepy logo.)

This failed 1989 experiment was an anthology of sorts, containing short stories, cartoons and a John Carpenter article I penned. Acclaimed author, David C. Smith, of Red Sonja fame, also shared a tale.

Anyway, this copy stems from the estate of a man named Mr. Cox, who had accumulated a massive number of monster mags and fanzines over the years, building what's now known as "the Cox Collection". How Mr. Cox came across this particular artifact is beyond me, but I'm rather flattered that he did. (Gosh, he even took the time to preserve it in plastic with cardboard backing. Bless his heart.)

No comments:

Post a Comment