Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Collectible Time: The Munsters Hawaiian Aloha (Garment One) Shirt

My friend (and fellow author), Robert Matuzsan, surprised me the other day with a Munsters Hawaiian Aloha "pinball" shirt! 

The shirt is produced by Garment One and is of a "casual, button down" variation, with a fabric that's so soft, it could pass for silk. 

However, it's the graphics (a snazzy pattern which adorns front and back) that make this shirt so special. It sports Fred Gwynne's Herman, Al Lewis' Grandpa, Yvonne De Carlo's Lily, Butch Patrick's Eddie, Pat Priest's Marilyn, Irwin Charone's Cousin Lester and Richard Hale's Uncle Gilbert. (One can even discern Spot and Woof Woof among the imagery.) 

This spiffy garment caught my eye around the time Rob Zombie's Munsters prequel was announced. I considered buying it, but never followed through. On this basis, I'm grateful to good ol' Robert for filling in the gap. I'll wear this one proudly, my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment