Monday, December 14, 2020

Collectible Time/Pin-up Time: Monroe for Christmas

As my readers know, my thoughtful friend, Mel knows what I like, not only in horror movies, but in cheesecake, and to hit that special spot for Christmas, she's served me three, tasty slices. 

The first sugary portion consists of a 12" x 18" poster reproduction of Henry Hathaway's "Niagara". As the above image conveys, this fine, noir composition not only includes dear Marilyn, but one of my all-time favorite actors, Joseph Cotton. Man, does this one ever capture the movie's melodramatic tension: brooding, foreboding, yet oh-so-alluring. 

For the second, delicious portion, I've been bestowed a super-sexy, 10" x 11" Marilyn, pin-up photo: bewitching, leggy and whoa, whenever I gaze upon it, my heart can't help but race!

The final, appetizing piece is a 11" x 14" lobby-card reproduction from Billy Wilder's "The Seven Year Itch", with our lovely lady featured in her iconic, dress-swept stance and good ol' Tommy Ewell stationed across from her, shooting an approving glance.  

Indeed, these Marilyn cheesecake slices are most fulfilling. Thank you so much, Mel, for each mouth-watering serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment