Sunday, November 1, 2020

Collectible Time: Marvel Legends Iron Man 2020

A dear neighbor surprised me with a cool Walgreens gift after I helped her with some yard work. It's Iron Man 2020: part of the Marvel Legends 6" line.

Actually the figure represents Arno Stark, whom I'm not that familiar, but I suppose a Stark is a Stark, and an Iron Man is an Iron man, no matter how he's welded. (For the record, there are apparently two such Arno Starks in the modern scheme of things, one being an alternate-reality counterpart.) 

The simulated armor for this toy variant is an aesthetic pleasure: formidable, but not so bulky that it abandons any streamlined sheen. Shoulder gears also distinguish it from other Iron Man suits: a nifty touch. 

As the stock/borrowed images convey, Arno is meant for posing, though I'm certain many collectors will keep their pieces mint in box. 

The figure also comes with extra hands/gloves and fire-balling accessories, which add to the action-adventure zeal. (I particularly like the boffo, blast-off modification. Super-Stark-Sharp!)

Yep, I dig this one a lot: an "invincible" addition to my mighty Marvel collection and an item I'll no doubt relish for years to come. I'm truly touched and honored to possess it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment