Monday, April 16, 2018

RIP ART BELL...


You held a dignified neutrality as founder and host of "Coast to Coast Am", which your counterparts on other platforms wouldn't have dared emote: a sense of fairness, calm and respect for your eclectic guests. All the while, you reminded us that different thoughts and ideas permeate this world; that there's always something behind the shallow here and now. 


Your soothing voice and spiritual waves will be missed by so many of us, Mr. Bell. 

May you find peace and joy in the great hereafter, where no doubt your courteous influence will continue to uplift.

2 comments:

  1. I sometimes suffer from terrible boughts of insomnia from time to time and the winter of 1997 and summer of 1998 were some of the worst times for me... I was up nearly every night back then with Art Bell. Even after his retirements I would check to see if he was on many nights before going to bed and if he was on I would to listen to him for as long as I could. He could take some of the most hokey things and present them in a very interesting, entertaining, and most of all convincing way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Bill. I identify with you, my friend.

      As one who used to head off to work in the wee hours of the morn, Art Bell (and the fascinating topics his program offered) kept me at ease when I would have been otherwise a bundle of nerves, anticipating the inevitable obstacles awaiting me on any given day.

      As a host, he always knew how to approach the subject matter, no matter how seemingly outlandish. I've always respected and admired him for his gracious stance. Others in similar positions could learn much from his honorable technique.

      Delete