Monday, July 16, 2018

MICHAEL F. HOUSEL/AIRSHIP 27 TALES FOR SUMMER READING (AND LISTENING)

On occasion, acquaintances will ask me for summer-reading suggestions. I'm pleased to offer the standards: classics from decades and centuries past, which are always worth a look or revisit. However, if I may be so bold to blow my own, self-promotin' horn...


I penned a couple Airship 27 Production titles, available in paperback and audio form, which might help one weather the heat:

My novella, "The Hyde Seed" presents the struggle of former boxer, Pepe Rodriguez, who comes to battle an opponent unlike any other he's faced--his monstrous self. It's my pugilist tribute to Robert Louis Stevenson's famous tale of duality, with a "Twilight Zone" twist. 


The book sports a dandy Ash Arceneaux cover and captivating illustrations by Pedro Cruz . And for those fancying an audio take, my yarn is performed by the expressive Scott Glennon, courtesy of Radio Archives. 


Then there's my pulp-hero novel, "Enter--the Persona!" (aka, "The Persona, Vol 1"), which details affluent Michael Mansford's ethereal transformation into a pearly-masked crusader of the '30s.


The novel features a striking Shannon Hall cover and crisp Art Cooper illustrations, with the Radio Archives audio edition performed by veteran voice actor, Mark Barnard. 


A sequel to "Enter--the Persona!", entitled "Enter the Green-fleshed Fiends", is set for eventual release by Airship 27, so here's your chance to get a jump on my expanding, New Pulp saga, and what better time than the heart of summer, eh? (BTW: "Enter--the Persona!" is a genuine, warm-weather tale, which makes its recommendation all the more appropriate.)

Print and audio versions of "Hyde Seed" and "Enter--the Persona!" are available through Amazon; Barnes and Noble offers only the print editions. I also have a few paperbacks at my fingertips, which I'd be happy to autograph. If interested, drop me a line.)


In addition, feel free to visit Airship 27's online catalog at ... http://robmdavis.com/Airship27Hangar/index.airshipHangar.html, where many New Pulp titles can be purchased per PDF.

No comments:

Post a Comment