Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Collectible Time: Doc Strange and Baby Groot Funko/Pop! Figures for my Birthday

I don't have many Funko/Pop! vinyl figures, so it's a treat when they do come my way, which just so happened this year for my birthday.


The ladies at work surprised me with two: Doctor Stephen Strange and Baby Groot!!!

The 3.75" figures are both Marvel-movie based, with Strange carrying the somber imprint of Benedict Cumberbatch. To be frank, there's no way to make the guy look cutesy (even though it appears the sculptor tried), though I'd probably be upset if someone actually managed the blasphemous feat. The Sorcerer Supreme is also represented with his lively, red cape. A real spiffy touch!!!


Baby Groot is equally neat and especially on target, with this mini version symbolizing the character as he appeared at the end of "Guardians Vol 1": potted, that is.

He's got his mischievous, little smile and sure as heck looks like he's in frozen-dance mode. He's cute as a button, just as he should be, which makes him ideal for this series. 


Glad to have both of these guys for my collection, and I thank the ladies who gifted me them for their gracious generosity!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment