Tuesday, September 5, 2017

FAREWELL, YOSHIO TSUCHIYA...


You were yet another of those fine performers who brightened my childhood, and your influence has followed me into adulthood. Whether in "Seven Samurai"; "Battle in Outer Space"; "Destroy All Monsters"; "Frankenstein vs Baragon" ("Frankenstein Conquers the World"); "Godzilla Raids Again" (Gigantis the Fire Monster"); "Godzilla vs King Ghidorah"; "The Human Vapor"; "Invasion of the Astro-Monster" ("Monster Zero"), "The Invisible Avenger"; "Matango" ("Attack of the Mushroom People"); "The Mysterians"; "Son of Godzilla"; or "Space Amoeba", your nuanced acting has always captivated me, lingering in my senses long after the end credits have rolled.

You deserved more accolades than you received, Mr. Tsuchiya, but in my estimation, you were hands down one of the best in the business: a global sensation, no matter where your movies played.

No comments:

Post a Comment