Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Collectible Time #5: Maria Metropolis Robotrix


My parents, Fred and Loretta, surprised me with this wondrous Maria "Metropolis" Robotrix statue. Evidently, it was on back order for quite some time through Design Toscano, but at long last emerged! I must say, I'm as happy as a lark on a spring day with this dandy piece. My wife, Donna, thinks it's pretty striking, as well. What can I say, except that she clearly has very good taste.

This particular Maria representation is made of resin, stands about 10", and sports (as you can undoubtedly behold) a pose distinctly in tune with Brigitte Helm's legendary, science-fiction character.

No doubt about it--this one would make any "Metropolis"/Fritz Lang/Art Deco fan euphoric beyond belief. I thank my parents from the bottom of my heart for purchasing it. They obviously know what tickles my fancy!!!

(And remember, folks: The Mediator Between Head and Hands is the HEART!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment